This is a discussion on Manage and edit Color Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2010 within the Applications forums, part of the Tutorials category; Manage and edit Color Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2010 In the previous post we told you how to assign a ...
Manage and edit Color Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2010
In the previous post we told you how to assign a Color Category to a particular mail conversation in the Outlook application. In this post we will give you a tutorial on how to mange and edit Color categories in Outlook 2010 application. Here, we will guide you on how to create a new color category, Rename a Color category, and delete a color category and how to assign a keyboard shortcut to use various color categories.
Create a New Color category
You can create your own color category and apply it to a mail conversation. To achieve this, do the following
1) On the “Home” tab, in the ‘Tags’ category, click on the ‘Categories’ icon and choose ‘All categories’ option.
2) Now in the “Color Categories” window thus opened, click on the ‘New’ tab.
3) Now in the ‘Add New Category’ dialogue box thus opened, type a name to identify the new category and then choose a Color from the ‘Color’ box and then click on “OK”.
4) The new category that you created will be appended to the already present list of color categories.
Rename a Color Category
1) If you want to rename a Color category, click on the ‘Rename’ tab in the “Color Categories” window.
2) Now rename that particular category in the name box of the color category itself.
Delete a Color category
1) In the “Color Categories” window, select the color category that you want to remove and then click on the ‘Delete’ tab.
Assign a Shortcut key to a Color Category
1) In the “Color Categories” window, click on a particular category to which you want to apply a shortcut key and then click on the dropdown arrow of the ‘Shortcut Key’ box and choose a shortcut key from the drop down list that appears.
2) Repeat the same step mentioned above to assign shortcut keys to other Color categories.
So, this is all about the color categories in Microsoft Outlook 2010 Application.
Read Other Applications