This is a discussion on Insert a List Box in Microsoft Excel 2010 within the Applications forums, part of the Tutorials category; Insert a List Box in Microsoft Excel 2010 You can insert a List box in the excel worksheet and make ...
Insert a List Box in Microsoft Excel 2010
You can insert a List box in the excel worksheet and make it contain a list of data or values in it so that, you can select any value from the list. When you select any value from the list, the index position of that particular value will be returned in the cell link that you specify in the process. For example, if you insert names of six persons inside the List box and click on any of the person’s name, the position of the person’s name that you selected will be returned in the cell link. Below is an illustration of how to insert a List box and its values in the Excel 2010 Application.
1) Firstly, insert some colors names in the cells C1 to C6.
2) Next, click on the “developer” tab and under the Developer tab, in the Controls category, click on the ‘Insert’ icon and then under ‘Form Controls’, click on the ‘List Box (Form Control)’ icon.
3) Now, click on the A1 cell of the worksheet to insert the List box.
4) Then Right click on the List Box and select the option that says ‘Format Control’.
5) Now in the ‘Format Control’ dialogue box thus opened, under the ‘Control’ tab, enter the Input Range as ‘C1:C6’ and specify the Cell link as ‘B1’ and make sure that the radio button that says ‘Single’ is selected. The Cell that you specify in the Cell link box is where the position of a value that you select in the list box will be returned.
6) The List box will now be filled with all the colors that you specified in the step 1.
7) Now, if you select ‘Yellow’ color from the list, the number ‘4’ will be returned in the cell B1. Similarly if you select ‘Blue’ color, a number ‘2’ will be returned in the cell B1.
So, this is all about the insertion of List Box and its values in Excel 2010 Application.
Read Other Applications