This is a discussion on Insert the Spin Button (Form Control) in Microsoft Excel 2010 within the Applications forums, part of the Tutorials category; Insert the Spin Button (Form Control) in Microsoft Excel 2010 Using a spin Button you can easily change a range ...
Insert the Spin Button (Form Control) in Microsoft Excel 2010
Using a spin Button you can easily change a range of values, i.e. you can easily increment or decrement a value as per your requirement. To decrement a value, click on the bottom arrow of the spin button and to do the opposite, i.e. to increment, click on the Top arrow of the Spin Button. Below is a small tutorial that will guide on how to insert a spin button in Excel 2010 worksheet.
To insert a Spin button, you should first Add the “Developer” tab in the Ribbon and then proceed with the following steps.
1) Click on the “Developer” tab and under the Developer tab, in the ‘Controls’ category, click on the ‘Insert’ icon and then under ‘Form Controls’, click the ‘Spin Button (Form Control)’ icon.
2) Now, click on the portion of the worksheet where you want to insert the Spin Button. You can increase or decrease the size of the Spin button using the Size handlers that are present along with the spin button.
3) Once you have finished inserting the Spin button, Right click on it and select the option ‘Format Control’.
4) Now in the ‘Format Control’ dialogue box thus opened, you should specify what values you want to insert into the spin button.
In the ‘Current value’ box, enter the current or say the present value that the spin button has to display initially.
In the ‘Minimum value’ box, enter the starting value that the spin button has to display. Make sure that this value is not more than the ‘Current value’.
In the ‘Maximum value’ box, enter the last and the final value that the spin button needs to display.
In the ‘Incremental Change’ box, enter the incremental range by how much the spin button has to increase the value when you click on its arrow. For example, if you specify the incremental change as 5, then every time you click on the spin button, the value increases in interval of 5.
In the ‘Cell Link box, enter the cell where you want to see the increment and decrement of values when you click on the Spin button.
Finally, if you are done with specifying all the values, click on the “OK” button.
5) In our illustration we have made the spin button to display the calendar years with a minimum value of 1990, a current value of ‘2010’, a maximum value of ‘2100’, the incremental change as ‘1’ and finally the cell link as ‘A2’.
6) Now, you can observe that the Cell A2 will be having the value ‘2010’.
7) Now if you click on the top arrow of the spin button, the value increases by ‘1’ and the value ‘2011’ will be displayed in A1.
8) To decrease the value by ‘1’ click on the bottom arrow of the spin button.
9) You can increase the value up to a maximum of ‘2100’ and decrease a value up to ‘1990’ only.
So, this is how you can insert a Spin button into Excel Worksheet.
See also How to assign a Macro to an Option button in Excel 2010 Application.
Read Other Applications
thanks for the information. I am new at this use of buttons in Excel.