This is a discussion on A brief note on the Warning message of Circular References in Excel within the Applications forums, part of the Tutorials category; A brief note on the Warning message of Circular References in Excel 2010 By default, the excel application will display ...
A brief note on the Warning message of Circular References in Excel 2010
By default, the excel application will display a Warning message of a circular reference when it first detects one such instance in any of the cells of the worksheet.
Now, you click on the Help button present in the warning message window to know more information about the circular references or else, you can click on the ‘OK’ button to dismiss the message. When you dismiss the message, the excel application will insert a Zero (in most cases) in the cell that contains a circular reference.
In many situations, when you create additional formulas that include Circular references, the excel application will not display the Warning message for circular references again and again. The following are some of the situations where, the Warning message for a circular references appear on the excel worksheet
1) When you enter a first formula that creates a circular reference in any excel workbook that is kept opened.
2) When you delete all the circular references present in all open workbooks and then create a new instance of circular reference.
3) Close all the workbooks open a new workbook and type a formula that creates a circular reference.
4) When you open a workbook that is saved and if that workbook contains some formulas that create Circular references.
5) When you open a saved workbook and create a circular reference while all other workbooks are closed.
So, this all about the warning message that is received during an occurrence of a circular reference in an excel worksheet.
see also How to Find and Remove Circular References in Excel 2010 Application
Read Other Applications