This is a discussion on Group and Ungroup Shapes and objects in PowerPoint 2010 within the Applications forums, part of the Tutorials category; Group and Ungroup Shapes and objects in PowerPoint 2010 The following tutorial will guide you on how to Group and ...
Group and Ungroup Shapes and objects in PowerPoint 2010
The following tutorial will guide you on how to Group and Ungroup Objects and Shapes in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 application.
You can easily Group Shapes and Objects in a PowerPoint slide. By grouping Objects you can flip, rotate, resize or move all the objects or shapes at a single instant as though they were a single object or a shape. You can also change the attributes of each shape or object in a group using the shape fill command present on Drawing Tools under Format tab. For instance, select a shape from the group and apply an attribute without ungrouping the shapes. So, now let us see How to Group and Ungroup objects and shapes in a PowerPoint slide.
To Group Objects and shapes, do the following
1) Open the PowerPoint slide that contains some shapes and objects. In our illustration, we have inserted a slide that contains four different shapes.
2) Click on any shape and to select multiple shapes, hold down the CTRL key while you select other shapes in the slide.
3) Now, under Drawing Tools on the Format tab, under the Arrange category, click on the drop down arrow of the Group icon and then click on Group command.
4) Now, if you click on any shape in the slide you can observe that the shapes would all be present in a single group.
Note: - after you Group your objects and shapes, you can still select any single shape or object within a group. To do so, select the group and then click on the individual object or shape that you want. See the figure below for details.
To Ungroup Objects and Shapes, do the following
1) Select the group that you created previously by clicking on any shape in the group.
2) Then, under Drawing Tools on the Format tab, under the Arrange category, click on the drop down arrow of the Group icon and then click on Ungroup command.
3) Now, you can observe that all the shapes that were present in a group would be separated and appear as individual shapes or objects within the slide.
So, this is how you can Group and Ungroup Objects and Shapes in PowerPoint 2010 application.
Read Other Applications