This is a discussion on Setting up the Home Page in Mozilla Firefox Browser within the Applications forums, part of the Tutorials category; Setting up the Home Page in Mozilla Firefox Browser In the following tutorial, we will guide you on how to ...
Setting up the Home Page in Mozilla Firefox Browser
In the following tutorial, we will guide you on how to set up the Home page or Home Pages in Mozilla Firefox Browser 4.0.
You might know that you can set only one website as a Home page in the Firefox Browser, but recent Firefox versions like the Beta 4.0 allows us to set multiple websites as a Home page. For example, you can have the Firefox open all the necessary websites for you in different tabs when you start up the Browser or click on the Home button of the Firefox browser.
To set up a single website as your Home page, do the following
1) Type the address of the Web site in the Address bar that you wish to set as your Home page.
2) Then, click on the icon that you find to the left of the Web site’s address and drag it into to the Home page button of the browser.
3) Next, in the dialogue box thus opened, click on the Yes button to set the website as your Home page.
Now, we can know that you are in a hurry to try this out. So, just click on the Home button in your browser and your home page appears on your browser in a new tab. Nothing gets better than this swift tip.
To set up more than one website as your Home page, do the following
1) Open a new Firefox window and type the address of the first website that you want to add it to your Home page.
2) Open a new tab and then type the address of the next website that you like to add to your home page.
3) Similarly, open new tabs for each website that you want to add it to your home page.
4) Now, click on the drop down arrow of the Firefox tab and select Options from the drop down list.
5) Then, in the Options window thus opened, under the General tab, on the Home page category, click on Use Current pages.
6) Then, click on OK to close the Options window.
Now, click on the Home button of your browser and you can observe all your selected pages getting revealed on different tabs in the browser.
So, this is how you can set up the Home page of the Mozilla Firefox Browser Beta 4.0.
Read other Firefox related tutorials