This is a discussion on Export Firefox’s Bookmarks to Opera within the Applications forums, part of the Tutorials category; Export Firefox’s Bookmarks to Opera If you use one too many browsers for surfing the Internet, then it may be ...
Export Firefox’s Bookmarks to Opera
If you use one too many browsers for surfing the Internet, then it may be useful for you to transfer the data that is present in one browser to other browsers. In the following tutorial, we will guide you on how to export the Bookmarks of Firefox browser to the Opera Browser.
NOTE: - in order to export bookmarks from one browser to another, you need to export the bookmarks to an HTML file from the browser from which you want to transfer the bookmarks and then import that HTML file into the browser in which you would like to have the transferred bookmarks.
To export Bookmarks in Firefox to an HTML file, do the following
1) On the Menu bar, click on Bookmarks and then from the drop down list, select Show all bookmarks.
2) In the Library window thus opened, click on the drop down arrow of Import and Backup tab and select Export HTML from the drop down list.
3) Now, in the Save As window thus opened, give a name to the HTML file and choose a location where you want to save the file and click on Save button.
Import HTML file of Bookmarks into Opera
1) Open the Opera browser.
2) On the Menu bar, click on File and point your arrow over Import and export and select Import Firefox Bookmarks.
3) Now, choose the HTML file of Bookmarks that you saved in the previous section and click on Open.
4) A dialogue box appears on your screen displaying the number of bookmarks entries that are imported. Click OK.
5) Now, ensure that all of your bookmarks were successfully exported by clicking on the Bookmarks->Firefox Bookmarks on the Opera browser.
So, this is how you can export the Firefox’s Bookmarks into the Opera Browser.
For more details on Bookmarks, read the article Bookmarks in Firefox
Read other Firefox related tutorials