This is a discussion on Unable to Re-install or Install a Plugin within the Applications forums, part of the Tutorials category; Unable to Re-install or Install a Plugin The following tutorial will guide you on how to Re-install or Install a ...
Unable to Re-install or Install a Plugin
The following tutorial will guide you on how to Re-install or Install a Plugin by re-initializing the Plugins- Database of the Firefox browser.
In some instances, you may find it unable to install or re-install a certain plugin. You can solve this problem by re-initializing the plugins Database of the browser.
To Re-initialize the Plugin Database, do the following
1) Open the Firefox profile folder; on the Menu bar, click on Help and then from the drop down list, select Troubleshooting Information. This will open up the Troubleshooting Information tab.
• Underneath the Application Basics section, click on Open Containing Folder. This will open up your Firefox profile folder.
2) Close the Firefox browser; on the Menu bar, click on File and then select Exit.
3) Now, in your Profile folder, delete the file having the name pluginreg.dat.
4) Open your Firefox browser.
5) Now, try installing or re-installing the plugin and you should be able to do it successfully.
To verify whether the plugin was successfully installed, on the Location bar of the Browser, type aboutlugins to open up the about plugins page that displays the list of enabled plugins. If the plugin that you installed is present in the list of plugins, then it means that the plugin was successfully installed.
Read other Firefox related tutorials