This is a discussion on Adding a Page to Your Offline Web Pages List In Windows XP within the Operating systems forums, part of the Tutorials category; Adding a Page to Your Offline Web Pages List In Windows XP You can add a page to your offline ...
Adding a Page to Your Offline Web Pages List In Windows XP
You can add a page to your offline Web pages list (that is, make it available offline) when you create the favorite or at any time later on.
Follow these steps to add a page to your Favorites folder, make it available offline, and specify a download schedule:
1. Display the page, and then choose Favorites, Add To Favorites.
2. In the Add Favorite dialog box, select Make Available Offline.
3. Click the Customize button to start the Offline Favorite Wizard.
With this wizard, you can specify the following:
■ Whether Internet Explorer should also download pages that are linked from the page you’re saving as a favorite
■ When Internet Explorer should download the pages
If you choose to use an existing named schedule, Windows doesn’t show you exactly what that schedule is. The best course of action is to select an existing schedule and proceed blindly ahead. After you’ve saved the favorite, open its properties dialog box (right-click its entry in the Favorites menu and choose Properties), click the Schedule tab, and then make any necessary adjustments.
■ Whether the page requires a user name and password for access
4. Change the name and location of the favorite if you like, and then click OK.
To set up a download schedule for an existing favorite, follow these steps:
1. Open the existing favorite page’s properties dialog box. (Right-click its entry on the Favorites menu or on the Favorites bar and then choose Properties from the shortcut menu.) Don’t bother using the shortcut menu’s Make Available Offline command. It launches the Offline Favorite Wizard—forcing you to step through several pages even if you don’t want to change any default settings—and it doesn’t offer many of the options that are available in the properties dialog box.
2. On the Web Document tab of the page’s properties dialog box, select Make This Page Available Offline.
3. Click the Schedule and Download tabs, and make settings as described in the following section.