This is a discussion on How to create Favorites shortcut in windows 7 within the Windows 7 forums, part of the Operating systems category; How to create Favorites shortcut in windows 7 Introduction In this tutorial we will guide you how to create the ...
How to create Favorites shortcut in windows 7
In this tutorial we will guide you how to create the “Favorites” shortcut windows 7 desktop and here we have to create a favorites shortcut which will opens favorites in the windows explorer navigation pane and here you can pin the shortcut to taskbar and also to the start menu.
Manual creation of shortcut
• Right click on “Desktop”.
• Click on “New” and select “Shortcut”.
• Paste the following location in the location bar and click “Next”.
• Name the shortcut as “Favorites” or you can also name the shortcut of your choice.
• Click on “Finish” button.
• Right click on “Favorites” shortcut on desktop and click “Properties”.
• Click on “shortcut” tab.
• Now click on “change icon” button.
• Now paste the following code under “Look for icons in this file” in the location below and hit enter.
• Now select the icon which is highlighted in blue and click ok.
• Select “Apply”.
• Click ok.
That’s it; now you can view the shortcut on your desktop.