This is a discussion on How to create “Search” shortcut in windows 7 within the Windows 7 forums, part of the Operating systems category; How to create “Search” shortcut in windows 7 Introduction In this tutorial we will guide you how to create the ...
How to create “Search” shortcut in windows 7
In this tutorial we will guide you how to create the search shortcut which opens the search window and you can also pin the shortcut to the taskbar and pin the shortcut to the start menu and here you can move the shortcut wherever you required.
Manual creation of shortcut
• Right click on desktop.
• Click on “New” and select “Shortcut”.
• Paste the following code in the location area and click on “Next” button.
• Name the shortcut as “Search” or you can also name the shortcut of your choice.
• Click on “Finish” button.
• Right click on “Search” shortcut on desktop and select “Properties”.
• Click on “shortcut” tab.
• Select “Change Icon” button.
• Paste the following code under “Look for icons in this file” and hit enter.
• Now select the icon which is highlighted in blue and click ok.
• Select “Apply”.
• Click ok.
That’s it: now you can view the shortcut on the desktop.