This is a discussion on Customize Spell Checker Dictionary in Windows Mail within the Windows Vista forums, part of the Operating systems category; How to add or remove words from Spell Checker Dictionary in Windows Mail in Windows Vista? You can add certain ...
How to add or remove words from Spell Checker Dictionary in Windows Mail in Windows Vista?
You can add certain words to the Spell Checker Dictionary in Windows Mail so as to include them while checking spellings and ignore them.
You can accomplish this in the following manner:
1) While checking the spellings if the Spell Checker prompts you about a word not in its dictionary then simply click Add button and then it will not trouble you again for the same spelling in the future.
Note: With the above application you can only add words but not delete them.
To add or delete words to the Spell Checker Dictionary follow these steps:
1) First show hidden files and folders
2) Open Notepad and click on File menu and select Open option
3) Navigate to the folder C:\Users\(user_name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windo ws Mail
Note: Replace user_name with the desired user name in the above address
4) Now select All files option from the dropdown list and double click on Userdictionay.lex file.
5) You can now see the words added by you in the dictionary
6) Now simply add or delete the words from the file.
Note: There must be no gaps or blanks in between the words or lines.
7) Finally click on File menu and select Save option to save the file.
Last edited by anant; 05-11-2009 at 04:50 AM.