This is a discussion on Using the Tkinter Module in GUI Programming within the Programming forums, part of the Tutorials category; Using the Tkinter Module in GUI Programming:- 1. In Python you can use the Tkinter module to create simple GUI ...
Using the Tkinter Module in GUI Programming:-
1. In Python you can use the Tkinter module to create simple GUI programs.
2. Python does not have GUI programming features built into the language itself. However, it comes with a module named Tkinter that allows you to create simple CUI programs. The name "Tkinter" is short for "Tk interface." It is named this because it provides a way for Python programmers to use a GUI library named Tk. Many other programming languages use the Tk library as well.
3. A GUI program presents a window with various graphical widgets that the user can interact with or view. The Tkinter module provides 15 widgets.
4. Programs that use Tkinter do not always run reliably under IDLE. This is because IDLE itself uses Tkinter. You can always use IDLE'S editor to write GUI programs, but for the best results, run them from your operating system's command prompt.
5. The simplest GUI program that we can demonstrate is one that displays an empty window.
6. Most programmers prefer to take an object-oriented approach when writing a GUI program. Rather than writing a function to create the on-screen elements of a program, it is a common practice to write a class with an -- init -- method that builds the GUI.
Last edited by achiever; 11-05-2008 at 10:06 AM.