This is a discussion on Change Space between Icons on the Desktop in Windows 7 within the Windows 7 forums, part of the Operating systems category; How to change Horizontal or Vertical Icon Spacing on Desktop in Windows 7? This tutorial will help you in changing ...
How to change Horizontal or Vertical Icon Spacing on Desktop in Windows 7?
This tutorial will help you in changing the space between icons on the Desktop. You can determine and set the horizontal and vertical space between icons with the help of this tutorial.
Default icons spacing:
Customized icons spacing:
To change icon spacing follow these steps:
1) Right click on the Desktop and select Personalize option
2) Click the link Window color at the bottom of the Personalization window
3) Click Advanced appearance settings link
4) Now select Icon Spacing (Vertical) from the dropdown list and set the vertical space by typing the desired value in the Size textbox.
5) Here you can experiment with various values.
6) Perform the above steps 4 and 5 with Icon Spacing (Horizontal) too.
7) Click OK button
More Windows 7 articles