This is a discussion on Fix Error Message Code 0x80131700 in Windows 7 within the Windows 7 forums, part of the Operating systems category; How to Fix Error Message Code 0x80131700 in Windows 7 Generally when you Upgrade your Operating System from Windows Vista ...
How to Fix Error Message Code 0x80131700 in Windows 7
Generally when you Upgrade your Operating System from Windows Vista to Window 7 this type of Error Message Comes while Opening an application. It comes because of the compatibility issues. If you are continuously receiving the above error code the following the below mentioned steps will help you overcome the problem.
Steps to Fix Error Message Code 0x80131700 Problem: -
1. Left Click on Start Menu button and Type DiagPackage & press Enter Key or Left Click on DiagPackageLink option. This will open Program Compatibility Dialog box.
2. Left Click Next Button.
3. Program Compatibility will prepare a list of programs.
4. Left Click on the program name from the list in which you’re having problem and Left Click on Next Button.
If you’re unable to find the program that you have Problem with in the listed ones then Left Click on Not Listed Option and Left Click Next Button(ref. Image 5) . Browse to the Location of the program you are having problem with and Left Click on Next Button (ref. Image 6).
5. Left Click on Try recommended settings Option.
6. Left Click on Start the program... button and wait for the program to start. Left Click Next button.
7. If the program starts properly then Left Click on Yes, save this settings for this program option. If not then try other options.
8. Program Compatibility Wizard will now search for additional problems.
9. Left Click Close Button to Exit.
More Window 7 Articles
Last edited by niteshsingh; 11-03-2009 at 12:01 PM.