This is a discussion on Protect your Outlook data file with a Password within the Applications forums, part of the Tutorials category; Protect your Outlook data file with a Password When you are setting up an E-mail account in the Outlook application, ...
Protect your Outlook data file with a Password
When you are setting up an E-mail account in the Outlook application, if you have selected the checkbox that says “save this Password in your Password list”, then when you start up the Outlook application, the application will not prompt you for any password and your Outlook account will be opened directly on the screen whoever opens the Application. if you do not want this to happen, then you can protect your Outlook account with a password and make the Outlook application always prompt for a password before opening the Outlook application. To achieve this task, do the following.
1) Click on the ‘File’ tab.
2) Then click on the ‘Account Settings’ icon’s drop down arrow to select the ‘Account Settings’ option from the drop down list.
3) Now in the ‘Account Settings’ window, click on the “Data Files” tab.
4) Under the data files tab, select the data file for which you want to create a password and then click on the ‘Settings’ tab.
5) In the ‘Outlook Data File’ window that appears on the screen, click on the ‘Change Password” tab.
6) Now in the ‘Change Password’ dialogue box thus opened, type a password in the ‘New Password’ box and then retype the same password in the ‘Verify Password’ box and then ensure that the ‘save this password in your Password list” checkbox is not selected and click on ‘OK’.
7) Now exit from the Outlook application and Restart it. When you restart, the application will prompt you for a password.
So, this is how you can protect your Outlook data file with a password.
Read Other Applications.